- To be the premiere source of quality technical advice to local and national government.
- To provide mutual support and arrange the dissemination of information to Members.
- To promote acquisition and exchange of knowledge, research, and improvement of practice and methods for the benefit of Local Government.
- To provide recognised quality assured professional expertise and judgement.
- To improve quality of services in local government and the effectiveness and efficiency of their management.
- To network with and advise any Association or body appropriate to the work of Members.
- To maintain contacts with and proactively influence Government, and national and international bodies.
- To monitor and advise upon European affairs, influences and responses.
Aims and Purposes