These can be assembled by clients to form a half-day or a full-day programme. If your specific needs are not listed below, please tell us what you need and we will do our best to provide it.
1. Aggregates and Bitumens, essential background basics, 1.5 hours.
2. British Standard 594, Hot rolled asphalts and BS 4987, coated macadams, shortest time, 2 hrs
3. Thin surfacings, a brief overview. 2 hrs
4. (NOTE Option 5 is a full-day course on thin surfacing systems.)
5. Pavement design, very basic essentials. 2 hrs
6. The more frequently used clauses in the 900 series of the Highways Agency’s Specification for Highway Works, SHW, dealing with flexible road pavements. 3 hrs
7. Mix production, what can go wrong. 0.5 hrs
8. The finer points of mix transport and site preparation. 1.5 hrs
9. Laying and compaction. 1.5 hrs
10. Sampling and testing, and what the results mean. 1 hr
Clients have two main options in assembling topics to from a programme:-
· All the subjects are covered in brief over-view, taking one day.
· Selected subjects, say 4 or 5, are presented in a 7.5 hour day.
However, other arrangements can be made to suit client’s specific needs.
Notes and CPD certificates
All options are covered with appropriate printed notes.
All delegates receive an appropriate CPD certificate.
Typically for a full day:-
· start, 9.00 am,
· lunch, 1.00pm to 2.00pm,
· finish, 5.00pm,
(15 mins comfort breaks are taken for tea/coffee etc of at mid-morning and mid-afternoon.)
· For a half-day, the session would finish at 1.00pm
We are a small outfit and aim to please.