· To be the premiere source of quality technical advice to local and national government.
· To provide mutual support and arrange dissemination of information to Members.
· To promote acquisition and exchange of knowledge, research and improvement of practice and methods for the benefit of Local Government.
· To provide recognised quality assured professional expertise and judgement.
· To improve quality of services in local government and the effectiveness and efficiency of their management.
· To network with and advise any Association or body, appropriate to the work of Members.
· To maintain contacts with and influence Government and national and international bodies.
· To monitor and advise upon European affairs, influences and responses.
· Is committed to providing high quality professional and technical advice, and management support to local and central Government.
· Will work in harmony with other professional associations.
· Will influence opinion and policy development.
· Will acquire and exchange knowledge in the spirit of mutual support regionally and in Europe.
· Will promote excellence and innovation.